Rosemary Beach on Film

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A few weeks ago, we were fortunate enough to take a few days off of work and head to the gorgeous Gulf coast with my parents, brother, and sister-in-law! 
We stayed in a little beach cottage along highway 30-A, and enjoyed riding our beach cruisers up and down the bike path exploring the quaint and amazing beach towns in the area. One of these being Rosemary beach! I must say, I fell in love with this little town. Not only is this place situated along some of the most beautiful white-sand beaches in the gulf, but the town itself is amazing. The landscape & architecture is so picturesque...definitely a fun place to take some pictures!

If you've been following this blog for a little while or are a friend of mine on Facebook, you've probably noticed me talking about film lately...yes, the kind of photography where you load a roll of film into the back of a camera, just like my Mom used to do all  the time when we were little kids! :) It's a different way of taking pictures than what I've been used to the past couple years, but boy oh boy am I loving it! The way it makes me slow down and think before every  click, the way it captures light and colors straight out of the camera (making for way less editing! woo hoo!)...it's hard to put it into words, but there's a special quality to film that I'm very  much drawn to. So, because of my love for film photography, my awesome husband gifted me with a Nikon F100 for my birthday last summer. But, it's only been within the past few months that I decided to pick it up and really learn about this beautiful art. While it is a huge learning process, and certainly takes me out of my (digital, immediate results) comfort zone, it is such a blast and I'm loving the journey.  

So, for this little vacation, I decided to challenge myself with taking only  film photos. While I did take my digital camera with me as a back-up, it never left it's bag! It was great practice and truly so freeing & fun. And when the trip was all said and done, I took a grand total of 5 rolls of film over 5 days! Not bad when I typically shoot thousands of photos on vacation that end up sitting on the hard drive because I'm too overwhelmed to go through all of them. This, my friends, is the beauty of film!!! I will say that I still love my digital camera and it certainly has it's place (so i'll still be using it too!)...but the world of film is an exciting one and I'm certainly loving the process. So brace yourselves for many more film shares to come! :)

All photos taken on a Nikon F100, Fuji 400h rated at 200 developed by The Find Lab.

You have to take at least a picture or two of rosemary while in Rosemary beach! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive