Savannah & St. Marys...Day 3!

Saturday, March 22, 2014

 Hello! Happy Weekend...the first weekend of Spring! hooray! Hope it's been a wonderful one for you.

I am slowly working my way through the many many vacation photos, I promise! :)
This is one of the things I really like about having a blog--since I use this blog as my photo journal/album of our day to day, it gives me an incentive to actually sort through my photos and get them off of my hard drive, even if it sometimes takes a little while to get there! (now if I would only take the time to print some of them, that would be wonderful...must work on that! ;))

So here we are, now caught up to the third day of our trip--Wednesday! This was our "transition" day...we spent half of the day in Savannah, then continued on a little further south to the tiny town of St. Marys, GA where we would take a ferry to the beautiful Cumberland Island on Thursday....(the next photos to be posted!)

Before leaving on our trip, they had been calling for a chance of rain almost every day, so we consider ourselves super fortunate as this was our only rainy day! It was definitely a bit chilly, and the rain was steady all day, but we couldn't leave Savannah without another walk through Forsyth Park. (even if we did forget our big umbrella at home...we managed to fit under the tiny black one together while only getting slightly soaked! ;)) But, thanks to the weather, we practically had the park to ourselves which was awesome! After strolling through the rain, we went on our way to St. Marys where we checked into our little motel on the river...and then did more walking down the main street. Such a quaint southern town. Here are our photos from the day!


until next time...have a wonderful day! 
xoxo




2 comments:

  1. That first picture is GORGEOUS Melissa!! I love it. Glad you had fun.

    -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany, thank you so much!! We miss you guys!! xoxo

      Delete

Blog Archive