Our Life is Here | 2015 | Pink

Friday, February 27, 2015

Hello Friends!
Hope you've all had a wonderful February!  Can you believe that this Sunday marks the first day of March!?  With the major snowstorm 'Remus' that just swept across the south, I must admit that it's hard to believe that spring is just a few weeks away! But alas, we ARE getting closer and closer! yay! :)  And so, since we've come to the close of another month, that also means it's blog circle time!  For the month of February, we thought it fitting to go with the color Pink.  Although I love this color, throughout the month I've realized that I really don't have much of it around! But, thanks to Valentines day, there was a little extra pink to be found. :)  To celebrate, Brandon and I did some sugar cookie making (and of course decorated with pink frosting!)...and then went on a mountain bike ride (and Brandon wore his jersey with a pink stripe so I could take a few pics ;)). 
We had a wonderful Valentines spending some good quality time together--my favorite way to celebrate this holiday... and everyday!

At the end of this post, don't forget to click on through the circle to see the lovely photos my friends have taken throughout the month as well! xoxo
Beautiful valentine flowers <3
Love that these sugar cookies kept their shape after baking! Usually we just 'cheat' with store bought dough, but they always end up losing their shape & form. So, I was excited to try a recipe from scratch and see how it would turn out...and, despite my lack of baking expertise, I was very pleased! If you're interested, you can find that recipe here :)
And now--on to the bike ride!
It was absolutely freezing out...so I kept the photo taking to a minimum!! 
In the middle of winter, I thought for sure I would never find anything pink in the woods. But wouldn't you know, as I was biking, my eye caught a glimpse of something along the path---A little metal leaf colored pink! It was fate!! haha ;) So, of course I had to take a photo of it and include it in the post! 
Such a fun day with my Valentine!
And to finish it off, I thought I would include just one picture from the beautiful winter storm that came our way! This was taken yesterday morning--and when I saw the pink sunrise, I immediately thought of this blog circle! :) Took lots more photos of the storm and hope to blog them soon!

Next up is the amazingly talented and sweet Carla Thompson of Carla Thompson Photography
Click here to see some beautiful pink inspiration in her world!  And be sure to check out her Facebook page here as well! 

And just a little sampling of what's to come in the circle---these ladies always inspire me with their work! 

Have a wonderful day! xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Melissa I just adore how sweet and subtle your pink shots are <3 They perfectly fit your style! And what are the odds of finding that pink leaf??? So many beautiful shots <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gorgeous pink in your photos, so soft and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Melissa, as is your style! The pink sky is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos!! How long have you been using your camera? I want to learn how to take photos like you!!

    xo

    Jenica
    asliceofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so enjoying your color story. I've been thinking about color a lot over the past six or eight months, and really trying to pay attention to it. I teach digital photography classes, and my favorite week in my composition class is color week. A local photog friend and I are considering a color collaboration, and while I have no idea what we're going to do, I can't wait! I have a feeling I'll need to spend some time on your blog circle for inspiration! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive