Our little home...(Photo Tour)

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Hi Friends! 

I thought it would be fun to share a photo tour of our little home!

After Brandon's graduation in December, we packed up all the boxes and moved on back to Chattanooga. It was most definitely the easiest move Brandon and I will ever have, thanks to amazing help from family, and the fact that we moved most of our stuff directly off the truck and straight into a storage unit. Not a bad way to do it! ;)  The reason for this being that we were moving into a cozy (small) one-room apartment located on my parents farm.

Before moving in, my amazing parents helped us transform the place by adding a fresh coat of white paint (over what used to be dark yellow pine), and re-staining the floors to a darker golden brown.  I couldn't believe the difference that was made by doing these two things.  The space truly feels not only brighter, but so much bigger too. 
There's just something about a white bright space that makes me happy.

For the decor, I used a mix of new pieces and older mid-century items while keeping the colors very light and neutral, with little accents of green. (House plants can be considered that splash of color, right? ;)) Since the space is small, I wanted to keep things simple and bright in hopes of making it feel more open. 

In the process of looking for decor items online, I came across a throw pillow with the sweetest quote--just perfect for our little place. The saying goes like this...

"Love grows best in little houses, with fewer walls to separate. Where you eat and sleep so close together, you can't help but communicate. And if we had more room between us, think of all we'd miss. Love grows best in houses just like this."  

I knew right away that I wanted this pillow to sit in the middle of our bed! :)  What a blessing it is to have this little place to call home for this moment in our lives. 

Hope you enjoy the photos!

(And for all my photo friends, all pictures were taken on a 35 mm film camera. Nikon F100, Fuji 400H rated at 200 with a 35 mm lens. Still in the very beginning stages of shooting film, and learning as I go! But, I can already tell how much I love it. Due to the indoor lighting and trying to expose for the shadows, most of these photos were taken at an aperture of 1.4-1.8 and a shutter speed of 1/125 or below.)

My very talented sister-in-law painted the wedding photo of Brandon and myself that sits on our dresser. It is such a special piece to us--this photo doesn't do it justice! 
We love it so much, Chelsea! Thank you!


And just for fun, here's a quick iPhone before and after :)


Thanks for looking! Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous little home and beautiful photos as always! Hope you all are enjoying post-anesthesia school life! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elizabeth! Hope all is well with you and Brennan!! Best of luck as you prepare to head to Nashville! So excited for you guys!

      Delete
  2. After we facebook chatted on Film Mama yesterday, I thought I'd spend a quiet Sunday hanging out in your lovely blog home while my family sleeps in! ;) I love your sweet apartment, and I love how you're rocking that Fuji400h. I'm still working to get the hang of it, but I love what it does with greens so much. Just adore that stock. And your apartment is so dear. Really light and lovely and clearly full of love. I grew up outside of Knoxville, so seeing your Tennessee scenes means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive